Alaska Adventure Cruises and Inside Tips from Royal Caribbean
Royal Caribbean International’s Alaska cruise itineraries offer coastlines across three different seas, with interest in travelling to Alaska having doubled in 2023 compared to pre-pandemic*. With the ability to explore its winter beauty, glaciers and diverse wildlife, Alaska is a once-in-a-lifetime trip you wont want to miss!
With round trip sailings from Seattle, Washington, Ovation of the Seas offers the ideal opportunity for those chasing an adventure or longing for stunning landscapes. Guests will have the chance to:
- Take off by dogsled across thousand-year-old ice whilst soaking in otherworldly sights
- Trek across the majestic Mendenhall Glacier for breathtaking views of the wildest country
- Get to know the wildlife that call this wilderness homes; otters, eagles, bears and whales
- Experience unparalleled, jaw-dropping 360-degree views from over 300 feet above sea level on the North Star®
- For more relaxation, they’ll spend time exploring quiet lakes, impressive glaciers and breathtaking mountain views
Ben Bouldin, Vice President, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Royal Caribbean International comments: “We’re thrilled to see such high interest from travellers already this year in Royal Caribbean’s once-in-a-lifetime Alaska cruises. This shows Alaska truly is a trending destination, and it’s looking likely that 2024 will be a record year for the number of people travelling to Alaska from the UK and Ireland.”
Please see a selection of 2023 and 2024 itineraries, and journey through all that Alaska has to offer with top tips shared by crews onboard below.
Ovation of the Seas:
Pioneer America’s Last Frontier onboard Ovation of the Seas, one of the biggest, boldest ships to ever sail Alaska.
Go scenery scoping from the unrivalled perspective of the North Star, the highest vantage point on any cruise ship. Gaze at brilliant blue glaciers and majestic waterfalls from the pool deck whilst sailing through Endicott Arm. Then refuel with delicious, globally inspired dishes and robot-crafted cocktails as fresh as the crisp mountain air outside. And in between adventures onshore, fill each sea day with thrilling activities like surf sessions on the FlowRider, indoor skydiving on RipCord®by iFLY® and so much more.
Alaska cruise itineraries:
2023 7 Night Alaska Glacier Cruise
Onboard Ovation of the Seas
- Date: Friday 1st September – Friday 8th September 2023 (other date options available at a range of prices)
- Itinerary: Seattle, Washington > Alaska Inside Passage, Alaska > Juneau, Alaska > Skagway, Alaska > Sitka, Alaska > Victoria, British Columbia > Seattle, Washington
- Current pricing*: €1,049 per person in 1x interior stateroom (based on two people sharing). Other room types available include Outside View, Balcony, and Royal Suites.
- Link to Itinerary here.
2024 7 Night Alaska Adventure
- Onboard Ovation of the Seas
- Date: Friday 9th August – Friday 16th August 2024 (other date options available at a range of prices)
- Itinerary: Seattle, Washington > Sitka, Alaska > Skagway, Alaska > Endicott Arm & Dawes Glacier, Alaska > Juneau, Alaska > Victoria, British Columbia > Seattle, Washington
- Current Pricing*: €1,004 per person in 1x interior stateroom (based on two people sharing). Other room types available include Outside View, Balcony, and Royal Suites.
- Link to itinerary here
Alaska Insider Tips – shared by Royal Caribbean crew members onboard:
- Alaska is not a formal place; people even wear jeans to the opera. Focus more on comfort when deciding what clothing to pack.
- Cameras, binoculars, rain ponchos and jackets are useful, but add these to the souvenirs you’ll be picking up and soon your bag will be too heavy to tote around. Bring along a quality day pack to make it easier to hold your necessities.
- Learn a few words in Alaska’s local lingo: the ‘Alcan’ is the Alaska-Canada Highway, for example, and ‘fish stories’ are the local version of tall stories – unreliable tales of mythological proportions, often told by fisherman.
* Price includes accommodation, cruise fare, food, beverages & entertainment. Please note flights are not included. Pricing is correct as of 13th September and is subject to change.