TIGS is Tops
The Travel Industry Golf Society came out in force for Olwen Mc Kinney’s Captain’s Day. We played Olwen’s home course at St Margaret’s GC in north County Dublin and what a challenge that proved to be! A beautiful parkland course, St Margaret’s is long (3 par fives for the ladies to finish!) and a lot of lovely ponds and lakes were a watery end for some! A few balls were lost, a few expletives uttered (not the ladies, naturellement!) and a few bunkers gouged. Yep, a normal day on the golf course! Seriously, it was a brilliant day out with great golf, great company and great weather.
Winners on the day:
- 1st Overall – Joe Tully (39 points C/B
- 1st Gents – Cormac O’Connell (39 points)
- 2nd Gents – Peter O’Hanlon (36 points)
- 3rd Gents – Dave Conlon (36 points)
- 1st Ladies – Olwen Mc Kinney (41 points)
- 2nd Ladies – Carol Anne O’Neill (36 points)
- 3rd Ladies – Marian Benton (34 points)
- Nearest the Pin – Eileen Penrose & Keith Raymond
- Longest drive – Audrey Headon & Dermot Merrigan
- Guest Prize – Mel Donnelly (39 points)
All those lucky winners benefitted from the usual uber generous sponsorship from Shannon Airport and Declan Power doled out fabulous hampers, bottles (of alcoholic beverages!) and even flight tickets! Amadeus also rolled in with generous sponsorship and contributed to an excellent day of golfing and camaraderie. Great food in the Clubhouse at St Margaret’s rounded off the outing and some of us ‘southsiders’ headed home across the Liffey to get a bit of practice in for the next outing in Castleknock on July 22nd. TIGS is such a special Society where travel industry colleagues have a unique opportunity to get together and play some magnificent courses at excellent rates. If you’re not already in, join up now – the golf and the craic is mighty!