Royal Caribbean update trade and Media in the Shelbourne
Travelbiz reporter, Marian Benton, was privileged to be one of a very small number of media and travel trade principals invited to lunch by Royal Caribbean in the salubrious surroundings of the Shelbourne Hotel. Over an excellent lunch in the Martin Turner Room (he of Irish Times cartoons fame) Ben Bouldin, Vice President EMEA, Royal Caribbean, shared with us their biggest news of the summer.
Royal Caribbean is revealing the next big thing coming to vacations – where weekends meet revolutionary – the all-new Utopia of the Seas, the first of the game-changing Oasis Class to offer short getaways when it debuts. The variety and adventures is all possible on 3- and 4-night vacations, and with every escape visiting Perfect Day at CocoCay, Utopia will offer the short vacations that never come up short.
The perfect addition to any US holiday itinerary, starting July 2024 from Port Canaveral (Orlando), Florida, Utopia brings an unmatched combination of weekend energy to long-haul getaways. Celebrations for every occasion will find their vibe across the 40-plus ways to dine, drink and dance, more pools than days to count, more ways to thrill and chill, and even more of all of the above in The Bahamas at Perfect Day at CocoCay, named the “Best Private Island” for three years running.
Firsts and reimagined experiences like the Pesky Parrot, a vibrant Caribbean tiki bar as soon as you come through the doors; a first-of-its-kind immersive dining experience; the latest and greatest – and longest – dry slide at sea; and newly designed resort-style pools, and more will make this holiday the world’s biggest weekend – whether it starts on a Monday or Friday!
- Resort-style and sloping beach-entry pools: Three pools and three Lime & Coconut bars are at the center of the action. Vacationers can hit the high-speed waterslides at The Perfect Storm, while young kids take on Splashaway Bay, then enjoy casual bites at a new poolside food truck serving handheld bites and more.
- Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar and Gio’s Terrazza: Now spanning two stories, the reimagined favorite and menu of authentic Italian dishes, varietals and classic cocktails with a twist extend to the new outside terrace that overlooks the Boardwalk.
- Izumi and Izumi in the Park: Joining the Royal Caribbean staple in its new Central Park location, is a convenient, new window that serves up fresh sushi and Japanese-inspired sweets. Next door is the Izumi restaurant, with double the teppanyaki tables and new al fresco seating.
- Immersive dining experience: Combining multiple courses, technology and different destinations and storylines, the new, one-of-a-kind experience is a locomotive journey that engages all the senses. The name and more details are to be revealed at a later date.
- More than 20 different bars and entertainment spots: Upping the ante for big celebrations and nights out are hot spots like two casinos that feature more than 370 slot machines, and an all-new Caribbean bar, Pesky Parrot, that greets vacationers on the Royal Promenade with fruit-based cocktails alongside frozen drinks. Plus, five live music venues are on deck, from Spotlight Karaoke to Latin hotspot Boleros, Music Hall and the best cover bands at sea; Bell & Barley, the English pub with a live guitarist; and the classic piano bar, Schooner Bar.
Utopia of the Seas opens for bookings on Royal Caribbean’s website starting Friday, June 23. Crown & Anchor Society loyalty members can book early on Thursday, June 22.
Ben’s Irish team headed up by Jenny Callister, Head of Ireland, Michelle Ryan, Sales Development Manager and John Booty, Key Account Manager Ireland are looking forward to appraising the trade of these exciting new developments.
Many thanks to Ben and his Royal Caribbean team for taking the time to let us be the first to hear of this exciting new initiative.