Freestyle football World Champ Liv Cooke smashes World Record onboard Royal Caribbean
Back of the net! Freestyle football champion Liv Cooke breaks world record on Royal Caribbean
Liv Cooke breaks her latest GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title onboard Royal Caribbean’s Symphony of the Seas.
The freestyle champion landed 76 alternating crossovers, smashing the ‘Most Sit-down Alternating Crossovers with a Football in 30 seconds (female)’ record.
The record took place following new research that showed 84% of Ireland say holidays are the best place to try something outside your comfort zone.
Freestyle football world champion Liv Cooke teams up with Royal Caribbean for her latest world record attempt. Taking place against the awe-inspiring backdrop of the signature AquaTheater on Symphony of the Seas, Liv successfully achieved her seventh title – the “Most Sit-down Alternating Crossovers with a Football in 30 seconds (female).”
Kicking off a record-breaking year of bookings for Royal Caribbean International, the cruise line teamed up with freestyle football world champion Liv Cooke for an extraordinary world record attempt on board the game-changing Symphony of the Seas. The freestyler successfully landed 76 alternating crossovers, smashing the “Most Sit-down Alternating Crossovers with a Football in 30 seconds (female)” record against the awe-inspiring backdrop of the signature AquaTheater on Symphony.
The new record is Liv’s seventh world title and her first completed on board a cruise ship. The Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) ambassador and social media personality is best known for her jaw-dropping online videos that have racked up more than 100 million views.
“Symphony of the Seas was incredible, and there’s so much to do, so I couldn’t think of a more unique place to achieve my latest record,” said Liv Cooke. “I’m always pushing myself outside of my comfort zone and trying new things, so I’m hyped to have completed this challenge! When you’re on a ship like this or on holiday and have access to activities you normally don’t, give it a go!”
A special way to spend her first time on board, Liv is encouraging everyone to step outside their comfort zone. This follows a recent survey* commissioned by the cruise line that found 84% of Ireland say they feel braver to try new things whilst on holiday and that 54% use travel to experience new things, with the top five personal travel goals this year coming in as:
- Visiting a new country (51%)
- Trying new and exotic foods (45%)
- Improving fitness (33%)
- Experiencing a new culture or language (29%)
- Seeing a theatre show (18%)
When it comes to people’s bucket list destinations visiting the Northern Lights topped people’s wish list (54%), with visiting the Caribbean (33%), and experiencing the Greek Islands (27%) taking the second and third spot – all of which can be explored on holiday with Royal Caribbean .
Ben Bouldin, vice president of Europe, Middle East and Africa, Royal Caribbean International said: “As a cruise line known for introducing many firsts in the vacation industry, it was an honour to host Liv Cooke for her most recent and successful world record attempt. We know our guests and the British public are just as excited about breaking their own personal records on holiday, and there are many ways they can do that with Royal Caribbean. Whether it’s managing to stand up on the FlowRider, taking on the Ultimate Abyss or trying a new sport, there are experiences for every type of adventurer”.
Royal Caribbean has plenty to offer for travellers looking for ‘firsts’ this year, highlights include:
- FlowRider – Guests can catch a wave surrounded by ocean views on the surf simulators featured on multiple ships, including Anthem and Odyssey of the Seas.
- Zip line – Thrill seekers can soar decks high above the signature Boardwalk, which is on multiple ships like Symphony and Wonder of the Seas.
- The Ultimate Abyss – Holidaymakers can take the plunge down the test of courage that is 10 stories high and on ships like Allure, Symphony and Wonder of the Seas.
- RipCord by iFly – On the world’s first sky-diving experience at sea, adventurers can feel the freedom of freefall without ever leaving the deck on multiple ships, including Anthem and Odyssey.
- North Star – Holding the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title for the tallest observation deck on a cruise ship – the all-glass observation capsule offers unrivalled 360-degree views of the ocean and some of the world’s most striking shores as it extends 91 metres (300 feet) above sea level. It’s featured on multiple ships, including Anthem and Odyssey.